Efficient and Convenient Dental Restorations in One Appointment
CEREC (Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics) technology has revolutionized the world of dental crowns, offering a cutting-edge solution for efficient and precise tooth restorations. Patients can now achieve stunning results in just one day with CEREC crowns.
Our Staten Island dentists are here to help you understand how CEREC technology works below.
What Is CEREC?
CEREC technology is a groundbreaking dental innovation that combines computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) to create custom dental restorations. It revolutionizes the traditional process of crafting dental crowns, making it more efficient and precise. In most uses, CEREC can create same-day crowns, quickening the restoration process for both dentist and patient.
Benefits of CEREC
CEREC dental crowns offer several advantages over traditional crown restorations. Here are some key benefits that make CEREC crowns an excellent choice for patients:
- Time Efficiency: With CEREC technology, the entire crown restoration process can be completed in a single dental visit. This eliminates the need for multiple appointments and temporary crowns.
- Accurate and Precise: CAD/CAM technology ensures precise measurements, resulting in well-fitted crowns that feel comfortable and natural in your mouth.
- Biocompatible Materials: CEREC crowns are made from high-quality ceramic materials that are biocompatible, meaning they’re safe for your oral health and don’t cause allergies or sensitivities.
- Aesthetically Pleasing: The ceramic material used in CEREC crowns closely resembles the natural color and translucency of teeth, providing a seamless and esthetically pleasing result.
- Durable and Long-lasting: CEREC dental crowns are known for their durability and longevity. When properly cared for, they can last for many years, offering reliable tooth restoration.
How Do CEREC Dental Crowns Work?
CEREC dental crowns utilize computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) technology to streamline the process of creating customized dental restorations. Here’s how it works:
- Digital Impression: Instead of taking physical impressions, your dentist will use a specialized intraoral scanner to capture a 3D image of your teeth and gums.
- Designing the Crown: The digital impression is sent to a computer where your dentist will use CAD software to create a virtual model of your dental crown. This model allows for precise customization and adjustments.
- Milling Process: Once the design is finalized, it’s sent to a milling machine that crafts the crown from a solid block of ceramic material. This process takes only a matter of minutes.
- Placement and Bonding: After the crown is milled, your dentist will check its fit and appearance before bonding it to your tooth using dental cement. The crown is then polished to achieve a natural look and feel.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does CEREC technology differ from traditional dental restoration methods?
Unlike traditional methods that involve physical impressions, temporary restorations, and multiple dental visits, CEREC technology allows for same-day dental restorations. The digital impressions are used to design and fabricate the restoration on-site, providing patients with a convenient and efficient treatment experience.
Is the CEREC process safe?
Yes, the CEREC process is safe. Digital impressions eliminate the need for traditional messy impressions, reducing discomfort for patients. Additionally, the ceramic materials used in CEREC restorations are biocompatible and well-tolerated by oral tissues.
How long do CEREC restorations last?
With proper oral hygiene practices and regular dental checkups, CEREC restorations can last for many years, similar to traditional restorations. However, individual factors such as oral habits, bite forces, and maintenance routines can impact the lifespan of the restorations.
Can any dentist provide CEREC restorations?
CEREC technology requires specialized training and equipment. Not all dentists may offer CEREC restorations. Talk with your dentist about their availability and experience with CEREC technology.
Learn How CEREC Technology Can Enhance Your Treatment
The precise measurements, accuracy, and natural appearance of CEREC crowns make them an excellent choice for individuals seeking reliable and aesthetically pleasing tooth restorations. With CEREC technology, dental professionals can offer efficient and long-lasting solutions, restoring not only damaged teeth but also the confidence and smiles of their patients.
Learn more by calling our Staten Island dental office at (718) 948-5111 to schedule a consultation.
The dentists are absolutely excellent…
“I have been going here for years. The dentists are absolutely excellent and they always have an appointment available that fits into a busy schedule. I also completed invisilgn and my teeth are perfectly straight now. They also practice preventive medicine and just went in for my 6 month cleaning. Every time feel like I have a new set of choppers and best yet the check up noted no cavities!.”
“As usual, it was a pleasant visit thanks to Dr. Nasso and her great staff..”
Always treated with courtesy and respect.
“Always treated with courtesy and respect. All of my questions were answered regarding upcoming treatments..”
Put your best face forward.
Create a positive change to your teeth and your smile.