Your Smile Dreams Can Come True With Teeth Whitening
Do you struggle with the appearance of yellow teeth? Are you looking to get rid of noticeable tooth stains? A beautiful smile can make a significant impact on a person’s confidence and self-esteem. However, stains and discoloration on your teeth can cause embarrassment and reduce the attractiveness of your smile. Luckily, professional teeth whitening is an effective cosmetic dentistry solution that can restore the brightness and whiteness of teeth.
If you’re ready to brighten your smile, contact the best cosmetic dentists in Staten Island by calling (718) 948-5111.
What Is Professional Teeth Whitening?
Professional teeth whitening is a dental procedure that brightens the color of your teeth. It uses a powerful bleaching agent that removes stains and discoloration from teeth. Unlike over-the-counter teeth whitening products, professional teeth whitening procedures are performed under the supervision of a dentist and are more effective.
There are two main types of professional teeth whitening procedures that dentists typically offer:
- In-office teeth whitening is a more concentrated and powerful treatment that takes place in a dental office.
- At-home teeth whitening involves using a custom-made whitening tray that you wear at home for a certain period.
Over-the-counter teeth whitening products, such as whitening toothpastes, whitening strips, or a teeth whitening pen, don’t offer the same results as professional treatments. They can also cause harm to your teeth. If you’re looking for a whitening solution, always contact a dental professional.
ZOOM! Teeth Whitening With Our Staten Island Dentists
At our dental office, our Staten Island dentists offer Phillips ZOOM! professional teeth whitening. It’s a fast, effective solution to making years of teeth stains disappear in just one session. You can leave our dental office with confidence knowing that your smile will sparkle.
Skip over-the-counter teeth whitening products, and get results Schedule your appointment today for the best teeth whitening treatments in Staten Island, NY.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening is a popular cosmetic dental procedure that allows patients to experience many of the following benefits:
- Improved appearance
- Affordable treatment
- Minimally invasive
- Enhanced self-esteem
- Safe procedure
- Quick results
- Versatile options
- Reduced tooth surface stains
The Teeth Whitening Treatment Process
When you visit our Staten Island dental office for teeth whitening treatments, you can expect the following to happen during the whitening process:
- Initial Consultation: You’ll meet with our dentists to go over your oral health and see if tooth whitening is best for you.
- Teeth Cleaning: Our dental professionals will clean your teeth.
- Protection: We’ll place a barrier (often a rubber dam or protective gel) around the gums to shield them.
- Whitening Agent Application: A high-concentration peroxide gel is then applied to the teeth. This whitening gel is much stronger than the ones available in over-the-counter whitening products, such as teeth whitening strips.
- Activation: Some whitening systems use a special light or laser to activate the peroxide gel and enhance its bleaching effect.
- Rinse: After the desired shade is achieved, or once the maximum time has been reached, our dentist will rinse off the gel.
Caring for your newly whitened teeth is essential to maintain results.
Maintaining Your Teeth Whitening Results
After your professional teeth whitening treatment, you’ll want to take extra care of your teeth to ensure long-lasting results. Our cosmetic dentists may recommend:
- Avoid staining foods and beverages
- Avoid acidic foods and drinks
- No smoking
- Brush gently
- Rinse with water after meals
- Limit alcohol consumption
- Use a straw
- Consider touch-up whitening treatments
- Maintain good oral hygiene
- Schedule regular dental visits
Who Isn’t a Candidate for Teeth Whitening?
When it comes to determining if you’re a candidate for teeth whitening, visit our Staten Island dental office. Our team will evaluate your oral health and the cause of your tooth discoloration. Some people may not be suitable for professional teeth whitening, such as those who have:
- Tooth sensitivity or sensitive gums
- Tooth decay or gum disease
- Tooth-colored fillings, crowns, or veneers
- Allergies to the bleaching agent used in the procedure
If you have any of these conditions, our dentists may recommend other whitening options or treatments to improve the appearance of your teeth.
Types of Teeth Whitening
With various options available today, patients often have the pleasure of choosing a teeth whitening solution that will work best for their goals.
In-Office Teeth Whitening
- Zoom Whitening (by Philips): Uses a special light to activate a hydrogen peroxide gel, whitening teeth in about 45 minutes.
- Opalescence Boost: Uses a chemically activated formula, meaning it doesn’t need light for activation.
- LaserSmile (by Biolase): Uses a laser to activate the whitening gel.
Take-Home Teeth Whitening Kits
- Opalescence PF Take-Home Whitening Kit: Features customized teeth whitening trays and a range of concentration options.
- DayWhite and NiteWhite (by Philips) Whitening Kit: Take-home systems that provide options for both daytime and overnight wear.
- KöR Whitening Deep Bleaching System: Known for its ability to whiten even tetracycline-stained teeth.
Internal Tooth Bleaching
For teeth that have had a root canal and are discolored from the inside, a dentist can perform internal bleaching. The dentist places whitening agents inside the tooth and seals it. After a few days, the tooth is checked and the process might be repeated or finalized with a permanent restoration.
Teeth Whitening Costs
On average, patients can expect to spend around $500 to $1,000 on professional teeth whitening services. Various factors will affect the cost of your teeth whitening treatment, including:
- Geographic location
- Type of treatment
- Dentist’s experience
- The duration and number of sessions needed
- Additional procedures
In most cases, dental insurance won’t cover the costs of teeth whitening treatments as it’s considered an elective procedure. We always recommend reaching out to your insurance provider to learn more about your plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is professional teeth whitening safe?
Yes, professional teeth whitening is safe when performed by a qualified dentist. However, it’s essential to follow your dentist’s instructions and avoid overusing whitening products, which can damage tooth enamel.
How long does professional teeth whitening last?
The duration of professional teeth whitening results depends on several factors, such as your lifestyle habits, the cause of the discoloration, and the type of whitening procedure. With proper oral hygiene and regular dental checkups, professional teeth whitening can last up to two years.
Does professional teeth whitening cause sensitivity?
Some people may experience tooth sensitivity during or after their professional teeth whitening treatment. However, this is a temporary side effect that usually subsides within a few days. Your dentist may recommend desensitizing products to help alleviate discomfort caused by sensitive teeth.
Your Teeth Can Shine Bright Like a Diamond!
Are you ready for a brighter smile? Don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment with our cosmetic dentists in Staten Island to discuss your professional teeth whitening options. Contact our dentists today for your professional whitening treatment consultation by calling (718) 948-5111.
The dentists are absolutely excellent…
“I have been going here for years. The dentists are absolutely excellent and they always have an appointment available that fits into a busy schedule. I also completed invisilgn and my teeth are perfectly straight now. They also practice preventive medicine and just went in for my 6 month cleaning. Every time feel like I have a new set of choppers and best yet the check up noted no cavities!.”
“As usual, it was a pleasant visit thanks to Dr. Nasso and her great staff..”
Always treated with courtesy and respect.
“Always treated with courtesy and respect. All of my questions were answered regarding upcoming treatments..”
Put your best face forward.
Create a positive change to your teeth and your smile.