Brighten Your Smile With Professional Teeth Whitening
Your smile is the first thing people notice about you. If you have dull, stained, or yellow teeth, it has an impact on your self-confidence. We want all our patients to feel proud of their smiles. Professional teeth whitening is an easy, effective way to brighten your smile by removing years of stubborn stains. If you’re looking for teeth whitening in Staten Island, our dental team offers an array of options that will take your smile from dull to dazzling.
Causes of Tooth Discoloration
Our teeth naturally become stained and discolored over time, regardless of our diet and lifestyle habits. However, certain factors can cause it to happen more quickly. Some of the most common causes of stained and discolored teeth include:
- Certain foods and beverages, including red wine, coffee, tea, soda, citrus fruits, and dark berries
- Tobacco use
- Certain medications
- Poor oral hygiene
Everyone is susceptible to tooth staining and discoloration. Professional teeth whitening is a great option for most adults to solve this problem.
Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
At-home teeth whitening kits are available over-the-counter at many stores. While that might seem like a simpler, more affordable option, it can quickly turn out to be more expensive and time-consuming with lower-quality results. At-home kits often require more than one kit to produce satisfactory results, and the effects only last up to a few months.
Professional teeth whitening at our Staten Island office provides the following benefits:
- No messy, time-consuming at-home kits
- Brighter teeth than at-home kits
- Longer lasting results (up to three years!)
- Completed in a single office visit
- Higher patient satisfaction results
By spending an hour or two at our office, you can leave with your teeth up to eight shades whiter. At home, you’d have to spend days or weeks using products that will only lighten your teeth by three or four shades.
ZOOM! Teeth Whitening
Zoom Teeth Whitening is an in-office or take-home teeth whitening treatment that uses advanced light therapy to break down stubborn stains. This treatment can whiten your teeth by up to eight shades in less than an hour.
The process for Zoom whitening is as follows:
- You’ll set up a consultation at our Staten Island office.
- We’ll perform a comprehensive exam of your teeth and gums to ensure proper oral health and talk to you about your lifestyle habits to help you determine the best course of action. If you decide Zoom whitening is right for you, you’ll make a follow-up appointment.
- On your next visit, we’ll whiten your smile.
Zoom hydrogen peroxide gel is applied to the surfaces of your teeth, which works with a blue LED light to pass through the pores of your teeth and break up stains and discoloration. The gel remains in place for 15 minutes — you’ll simply relax and let the product work.
- The gel is applied to your teeth for three 15-minute sessions with blue light activation. Afterward, a sensitivity-reducing fluoride paste-gel is applied to your teeth.
- With your treatment complete, you’ll be given an at-home touch-up kit. Follow our instructions for proper aftercare and you’ll enjoy a brighter smile for years to come.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are discolored teeth unhealthy?
Not necessarily. A lot of factors can contribute to yellowed teeth. For example, drinking a lot of coffee, using tobacco products, and age can cause stains to appear on otherwise healthy teeth. While discoloration can be caused by poor oral hygiene habits, it’s far from the only cause.
How long do teeth whitening treatments last?
With proper care, the results of your whitening treatment can last up to three years. To keep your smile bright for longer, avoid certain foods and drinks and maintain a pristine oral hygiene routine. Professional treatments are not only better for your dental health than over-the-counter whitening kits, but they also produce longer-lasting results.
Is professional teeth whitening safe?
Unlike over-the-counter products, there aren’t any risks when you choose to undergo professional teeth whitening. Our team has the experience and knowledge to make sure your procedure goes smoothly.
Teeth Whitening at Olsen, Napolitano, and Cangialosi
You deserve to have the smile of your dreams. We can help you achieve a brighter smile at Olsen, Napolitano, and Cangialosi. Call our Staten Island office at (718) 948-5111 today to schedule a consultation. You can also get in touch by filling out an online contact form and we’ll get back to you shortly. We look forward to meeting you!