ELEANOR OLSEN, DDS, FAGD
Dr. Eleanor Olsen is a graduate of Columbia University School of Dental & Oral Surgery. She earned her Bachelor of Science in Organic Chemistry from Rochester Institute of Technology. Dr. Olsen serves as the Dental Director of Coney Island Hospital in Brooklyn, NY since 1985. She is a member of the American Dental Association, NYS Dental Association and the Second District Dental Society. Dr. Olsen earned her fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry in 2007.
RON NAPOLITANO, DDS
Dr. Ron Napolitano is a lifelong resident of Staten Island. He is a graduate of Monsignor Farrell High School, as well as Fordham University, where he majored in biology. Dr. Napolitano received his DDS degree at NYU and has attended many implant and cosmetic courses post graduate. He is a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, NYSDA, and Second District Dental Society.
LUCILLE CANGIALOSI, DDS
Dr. Cangialosi was born and raised on the South Shore of Staten Island. She attended St. Joseph Hill Academy for high school, and received her bachelor degree at New York University. She attended courses for a Masters in Biology at the College of Staten Island, and continued on to New York University College of Dentistry where she received her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree. She completed a general practice residency at Staten Island University Hospital, where she stayed an additional year as Chief Resident.
JENNIFER PUMAREJO, DDS
Dr. Jennifer Pumarejo grew up on Staten Island and attended Staten Island Technical High School. She graduated Binghamton University with a bachelors of science in psycho-biology and furthered her education at the University of Pittsburgh, where she received her Doctor of Medical Dentistry. She completed her General Practice Residency at Staten Island University Hospital and is currently a Dental Attending at Coney Island Hospital. Dr. Pumarejo is also a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Academy of General Dentistry, ADA, NYSDA, and Second District Dental Society.
OLA TANTAWAY, DDS
Dr. Ola Tantawy grew up on Staten Island and attended Port Richmond High School She received her Bachelors of Science Degree from College of Staten Island. Dr. Ola graduated New York University College of Dentistry and completed her general practice residency at Staten Island University Hospital. She stayed on a second year at the hospital as Chief Dental Resident.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I choose the right dentist for my family?
It’s crucial that you trust your dentist and feel confident in the treatment you receive. Here are 5 helpful tips for choosing the best dentist:
- Check their qualifications. Your dentist should be certified by the American Dental Association (ADA) and actively pursue continuing education to remain at the forefront of their field.
- Make sure your insurance plan is accepted.
- Get recommendations from friends, family, and doctors you trust.
- For your convenience as well as peace of mind, choose a dentist who can meet all of your family’s needs. You don’t want to juggle appointments with a separate pediatric, cosmetic, and restorative dentist if it’s not necessary.
- Make sure you feel comfortable with not only your prospective dentist, but with the entire practice. Visit the office and talk with other staff members to ensure you always receive the compassionate care you expect.
What questions should I ask my dentist?
When you’re looking for a new dentist, it’s a good idea to interview them so you can be sure all of your needs will be well-met. Questions you should ask include:
- How long have you been practicing?
- Where did you study?
- Do you hold any advanced certifications?
- What professional associations are you a member of?
- Have you received any awards or honors?
- Can you show me patient reviews and before-and-after photos?
What should I look for in a dental practice?
Choosing the right dentist for your family is only part of the process—you also want to ensure the environment of the overall practice meets your needs. When evaluating a dentist’s office, here are some key things to consider:
- Is the office clean and comfortable?
- What steps are being taken to ensure patient comfort? For example, are headphones offered? Is there a television screen in the treatment area?
- Is this an environment where you and your family will feel comfortable and relaxed? If you’re seeking a pediatric dentist, is the office equipped to entertain younger patients? How does the staff interact with children?
- Does the practice feature any advanced equipment? Having the latest technology at your disposal will ensure faster, more precise treatments.