Straighten Your Smile with Metal-Free Aligners
When you visit our Staten Island practice, you’ll quickly realize that all of our dentists are committed to providing exceptional dental care and solving any dental issue that comes through the door. If you suffer from malocclusion (misaligned teeth) and want to make a change, we offer Invisalign. This orthodontic treatment is perfect for adults and teens because the aligners are invisible, making drastic changes to the aesthetics of their smiles while remaining discreet.
What Is Invisalign?
The Invisalign system is a remarkable alternative to traditional metal braces. It removes all of the hard metal in your mouth and replaces it with clear, removable aligners that our Staten Island dentists will custom-fit to your smile.
Invisalign aligners are made from patented SmartTrack® material which is nearly invisible, allowing you to correct your smile without anybody else noticing. You can wear them to school, at work, or while playing sports. Invisalign aligners will straighten your teeth while you continue your daily routine so that you won’t miss a beat. Better yet, you can remove the aligners at any time for cleaning or eating and drinking.
The Advantages of Invisalign
We alter each Invisalign treatment to meet the unique needs of our patients. No matter the patient, this form of treatment continues to produce beautiful smiles. While there are many ways to straighten your teeth, Invisalign offers benefits that are unmatched by the alternatives, including:
- Speed: Invisalign is a bracketless, wireless, and metal-free alternative to traditional braces. It uses custom-fit aligners to move teeth by adding pressure to different areas gradually. Every two weeks or so, you’ll receive a new set of trays that’ll focus on moving another section of teeth. With this treatment, our patients see results twice as fast as they would have with braces.
- Aesthetics: Invisalign is an excellent solution for working professionals and young adults whose image is essential to them. The transparent SmartTrack material means that people won’t notice the aligner in your mouth. However, they’ll hardly recognize your new smile once treatment is complete.
- Comfortability: Orthodontic treatments like traditional braces can cause discomfort because of the metal cutting the mouth and the brackets and wires pulling on the teeth. With Invisalign, there’s no metal, brackets, or wires. You can avoid painful pokes and cuts by using Invisalign to help your smile.
- Customization: Invisalign aligners are customized to rest gently on your teeth, and since they fit perfectly, nobody will notice you’re wearing them. The Invisalign system increases the customization by creating a digital rendition of what your smile will look like before treatment begins, so you can make changes if needed.
The Invisalign Process
Invisalign is the fastest, most effective way to straighten your teeth without the use of metal brackets and wires. The process also requires fewer office visits than a typical patient would experience with braces. For your convenience, we’ve outlined the Invisalign process.
- Your Consultation: When you arrive for your appointment, our dentists will examine your smile, review your medical and dental history, and decide whether or not Invisalign is the right solution for you.
- Aligner Planning & Creation: Once our Staten Island dentists clear you for treatment, they’ll take an impression of your smile using an iTero scanner. From there, the Invisalign system translates the scan and creates a digital rendition of what your smile will look like at the end of treatment.
- Treating Your Smile: After about a week, you’ll receive your first set of customized aligners, which you’ll wear for 20-22 hours a day. We’ll send you a new box of aligners every two weeks or so. The reason for this is because each aligner is created differently and focuses on changing other teeth than the last.
Invisalign Straightens Teeth 2X Faster
If your teeth are misaligned and you want to fix that, try Invisalign. It’s a more comfortable and less time-wasting approach to straight teeth, without the use of metal brackets and wires. Additionally, treatment times with Invisalign are significantly shorter than braces. If these sound like benefits that you can live with, contact our office. A member of our friendly staff will answer any questions you may have, as well as scheduling your consultation with one of our dentists.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cost of Invisalign treatment?
The average cost of Invisalign is $4,000, which is also roughly the average cost of traditional braces. Dental insurance may cover a portion of the total treatment cost for some patients, depending on your plan and provider. To help make Invisalign treatment affordable for our patients, we’re pleased to offer a number of convenient financing options.
Is Invisalign painful?
Invisalign trays shift your teeth into proper alignment, but the change is gradual enough that pain shouldn’t be part of the experience. Some patients do report mild discomfort when they switch from one set of aligners to the next, but this will fade within a day or two. You can alleviate any discomfort with over-the-counter medications, Oragel, or a cold compress.
How long does Invisalign treatment take?
The duration of Invisalign treatment varies from patient to patient. Your timeline will depend on how much adjustment your teeth need, as well as how faithfully you follow the guidelines. For most patients, Invisalign treatment is completed in about a year.
Who is a candidate for Invisalign?
Invisalign is a convenient way to straighten your teeth without the hassles or embarrassment of metal braces. However, it may not be appropriate for every patient. The best candidates for Invisalign are:
- adults or older teenagers who can commit to wearing their aligners for at least 20 hours per day.
- patients who require mild to moderate adjustment for misaligned or crowded teeth. Severe orthodontic issues may need more intensive treatment to achieve optimal results.
We accept many insurances. Please contact one of our Insurance Coordinators to discuss your dental coverage plan.
(718) 948 5111
Open 7 days a week
The dentists are absolutely excellent…
“I have been going here for years. The dentists are absolutely excellent and they always have an appointment available that fits into a busy schedule. I also completed invisilgn and my teeth are perfectly straight now. They also practice preventive medicine and just went in for my 6 month cleaning. Every time feel like I have a new set of choppers and best yet the check up noted no cavities!.”
“As usual, it was a pleasant visit thanks to Dr. Nasso and her great staff..”
Always treated with courtesy and respect.
“Always treated with courtesy and respect. All of my questions were answered regarding upcoming treatments..”
Put your best face forward.
Create a positive change to your teeth and your smile.