What Is Invisalign®?
Invisalign is an innovative teeth-straightening system that uses clear, virtually invisible aligners. These custom-made, removable trays are worn over the teeth to gradually shift them into the desired position. Its success is credited to its state-of-the-art 3D imaging technology and clear aligner material, providing a seamless, personalized treatment for patients.
However, one of the most asked questions about Invisalign is how much it costs. Our Staten Island Invisalign providers break down the cost of Invisalign in our comprehensive guide below.
How Much Does Invisalign Cost?
Generally, the cost of Invisalign treatment can range from $3,000 to $8,000, with the average being about $5,000. However, prices can vary greatly based on various factors such as the complexity of the case, the duration of the treatment, and the specific dental professional providing the treatment.
Factors That Affect Cost
Several factors influence the total cost of Invisalign treatment:
- The Complexity of Your Case: The severity of the dental issue affects the overall cost. For instance, minor misalignments require fewer aligners and shorter treatment duration, thereby reducing the cost compared to more complex cases.
- Location: The cost of living and the average price of orthodontic treatments in your area can influence the cost of Invisalign. Prices may be higher in urban areas compared to suburban or rural locations.
- Practitioner’s Experience: Experienced orthodontists or dentists may charge more for their services. While it might be tempting to opt for cheaper options, remember that quality care and expertise can lead to better results.
Many dental insurance plans cover Invisalign just as they would traditional braces. However, coverage varies from plan to plan. Consider the following:
- Percentage of Coverage: If your insurance plan does cover Invisalign, the plan might not cover the entire cost. Many insurance plans have a maximum lifetime benefit for orthodontic treatment. Once you reach this limit, you’ll need to pay for the rest of the treatment out of pocket.
- Pre-Approval/Predetermination: Before you begin your Invisalign treatment, it’s often necessary to get pre-approval or a predetermination from your insurance company. This process involves your orthodontist submitting a treatment plan to the insurance company, who will then decide how much they’ll cover.
- In-Network vs. Out-of-Network: If your dentist or orthodontist is in-network with your insurance company, you might pay less out of pocket for your Invisalign treatment. If your provider is out-of-network, you might pay more.
If your insurance doesn’t cover Invisalign treatment, there are dental financing options you may consider:
- Payment Plans: Many orthodontists offer flexible payment plans, allowing you to pay for your treatment over a specific period.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA): These accounts can be used for eligible dental expenses, including Invisalign.
- Dental Loans or Credit Cards: Various lending companies, such CareCredit, and credit card providers offer special financing for healthcare expenses, sometimes even interest-free if paid within a specified period.
At our dental office, we accept many insurances. Contact our dental team today by calling (718) 948 5111 to learn more about our financial policies.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Invisalign cheaper than braces?
The cost of Invisalign is generally comparable to traditional braces, but it depends on the specific treatment requirements. It’s best to discuss this with your orthodontist for a better comparison.
Can the cost of Invisalign go down?
Yes, the cost can decrease if your dental insurance covers a part of the treatment or if you can utilize dental financing options. Also, choosing a less-experienced practitioner or living in an area with lower living costs might reduce the price.
Schedule Your Invisalign Consultation
Ready to determine if Invisalign is right for you? Schedule your Invisalign consultation today! Our Staten Island dentists will help you decide if Invisalign can correct your smile alignment and they’ll walk you through treatment costs.
The dentists are absolutely excellent…
“I have been going here for years. The dentists are absolutely excellent and they always have an appointment available that fits into a busy schedule. I also completed invisilgn and my teeth are perfectly straight now. They also practice preventive medicine and just went in for my 6 month cleaning. Every time feel like I have a new set of choppers and best yet the check up noted no cavities!.”
“As usual, it was a pleasant visit thanks to Dr. Nasso and her great staff..”
Always treated with courtesy and respect.
“Always treated with courtesy and respect. All of my questions were answered regarding upcoming treatments..”
Put your best face forward.
Create a positive change to your teeth and your smile.