Let Your Smile Shine With Composite Veneers
Are you ready to smile with complete confidence and learn to love your smile again? Rediscover your beautiful smile with custom composite veneers. Learn all about this cosmetic dental treatment with our dentists in Staten Island.
What Are Composite Veneers?
Composite veneers, also known as dental composites or direct veneers, are tooth-colored resins applied to the front surface of teeth. This cosmetic dental procedure is used to improve the appearance of teeth that are chipped, discolored, misshapen, or gapped. They’re cost-effective, durable, and naturally beautiful.
Direct Composite Veneers
Direct composite veneers are materially made of composite resin and applied directly to the teeth. It doesn’t take long for a dentist to prepare your teeth for the application of the veneers, and it’s a minimally invasive process.
Indirect Composite Veneers
Indirect composite veneers use the same material as direct composite veneers, but the veneers are custom created before placement. You’ll receive a temporary set of veneers while you wait for the creation of your permanent veneers.
Benefits of Composite Veneers
Benefits of composite veneers include:
- Less tooth enamel is removed than porcelain veneers
- The process can be completed in one visit to your dentist
- They’re more affordable
- If damaged, they can be repaired easily
- Can correct various aesthetic problems, such as gaps, chips, and discoloration
Composite Veneers Procedure
The composite veneers procedure can be completed in just one visit to the dentist. You’ll experience the following:
- Your dentist will start by cleaning your teeth and preparing them for veneer application. They may need to remove a thin layer of your enamel to help the material stick to your teeth.
- If you’re receiving direct veneers, the dentist will etch the enamel of your teeth to help with adhesion. Then, they’ll apply the adhesive to glue to help the composite material stick to your teeth. Very thin layers of the material are added to the surface of the teeth.
- The dentist will “cure” or quickly harden the layers of composite resin with light. You’ll be able to pick the shade or color you want for your veneers.
- With indirect veneers, your dentist will take a mold or digital impression of your teeth after the teeth have been prepared. Your veneers will be created in a lab, and in the meantime, you’ll be fitted with temporary veneers.
- When your permanent veneers are ready, the dentist will apply them by etching your teeth and then applying a type of adhesive material to your teeth. The adhesive will help the veneers stay in place.
- Your composite veneers will be placed on your teeth and you’ll have a brand new smile.
Caring for Composite Veneers
Maintaining your composite veneers is as easy as caring for your natural teeth. To increase the longevity of your veneers, do the following:
- Brush and floss regularly
- Avoid stain-causing food and drinks
- Consistently visit your dentist for checkups and dental cleanings
- Avoid hard foods and bad habits, such as chewing ice
Frequently Asked Questions
Can composite veneers be whitened?
No, composite veneers cannot be whitened. If you’re looking for a teeth whitening treatment, be sure to tell your dentist before receiving veneers.
How long do composite veneers last?
With proper care, composite veneers typically last between five and seven years. However, they may need minor repairs during this period.
Is it hard to eat with composite veneers?
Composite veneers shouldn’t hinder your biting and chewing in any way or impact the way you eat foods. Once veneers are placed, they’ll be durable and strong.
Reclaim Your Smile Confidence!
Ready to smile and feel good doing it? Learn more about composite veneers and your other cosmetic dentistry options. To schedule a consultation with our Staten Island dentists, contact our dental office today.
The dentists are absolutely excellent…
“I have been going here for years. The dentists are absolutely excellent and they always have an appointment available that fits into a busy schedule. I also completed invisilgn and my teeth are perfectly straight now. They also practice preventive medicine and just went in for my 6 month cleaning. Every time feel like I have a new set of choppers and best yet the check up noted no cavities!.”
“As usual, it was a pleasant visit thanks to Dr. Nasso and her great staff..”
Always treated with courtesy and respect.
“Always treated with courtesy and respect. All of my questions were answered regarding upcoming treatments..”
Put your best face forward.
Create a positive change to your teeth and your smile.