Regain Your Confidence with a New Smile
Dental implants are the healthiest, most attractive dental restoration for anybody who’s missing a single tooth, an entire arch of teeth, or any number of teeth between. These dental prosthetics restore the ability to eat, drink, and socialize without issue or embarrassment.
Drs. Nasso, Olsen, and Napolitano are skilled implant dentists with over 30 years of experience between them. If you’re interested in a fresh start for your smile, let our experts place your dental implants — you won’t get better results anywhere else.
What Is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a dental prosthetic that we can use to fill the gaps in your smile. While there are multiple ways to restore missing teeth, the majority of restorations are cosmetically-focused. Dental implants look like natural teeth, but what truly sets them apart is that they function like natural teeth as well.
Dental implants are composed of three parts:
The Fixture — Just as the root of a tooth secures itself into the jawbone, the fixture benefits from its full strength too.
The Abutment — Our Staten Island dentists will use the abutment to connect the fixture and crown.
The Crown — The final portion of the implant, and the only part anybody will see, is the crown. Our crowns are made from high-grade porcelain, which is a strong tooth-colored ceramic material.
The Advantages of Dental Implants
No other dental restoration features the number of benefits that dental implants do. Beyond stunning aesthetics, you could experience the following perks:
- Reliability: Dental implants typically last longer than alternative treatments — they’re immune to disease and decay, and they’re made from high-grade materials. With the proper care, your implants could last for years to come.
- Zero Restrictions: With other restorations, such as removable dentures, your diet can be limited. However, dental implants require no special care routine, meaning you can eat your favorite foods whenever you want.
- Improved Speech: Your teeth play an integral role in the clarity of your speech. Dental implants prevent slurring, whistling, or any other unwanted vocalization. Better yet, they restore your natural speech pattern.
- Natural Feel and Function: We’ll take impressions of your natural teeth to ensure that the implant looks and functions in harmony with the rest of your smile.
- Durability: Since implants are secured into the jawbone with a titanium post, they’re remarkably stable. So stable that we can improve other treatments such as dental bridges and dentures with dental implants.
The Dental Implant Process
On Staten Island, our expert dentists can place dental implants in three visits, although the entire process takes about three to six months to complete.
The dental implant process begins with a consultation. This is the time where our dentist will examine your smile, review your medical and dental history, and discuss what you hope to gain from treatment — besides a beautiful new smile, of course.
After your consultation, the next appointment will be to place the implant fixture into your jawbone. This is a minimally-invasive surgery that typically doesn’t take any longer than an hour. Over the next few weeks, your jawbone will fuse with the implant through a natural process called osseointegration, creating the stable, durable feel that allows you to chew and speak without it moving at all.
Your final appointment involves one of our dentists removing the temporary protective crown, and replacing it with a beautiful, permanent restoration that will look and feel like your natural teeth. Once secure, your implant treatment is complete, and you can begin showing off your movie star smile to your loved ones.
Advanced Dental Care on Staten Island
Drs. Nasso, Olsen, and Napolitano feature comprehensive dental care in a safe and comfortable environment. Give us a call at 718-948-5111to start your journey today. Alternatively, you can fill out our online submission form, and a member of our staff will contact you as soon as possible.
We accept many insurances. Please contact one of our Insurance Coordinators to discuss your dental coverage plan.
(718) 948 5111