How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
On average, the cost of a dental implant treatment ranges from $3,000 to $5,000. However, the total cost of treatment will depend on several factors, including the number of implants needed, the type of implant used, and the complexity of the case.
Factors That Influence Implant Cost
One of the main factors that can influence the total cost of dental implant treatment is the number of implants needed. The more implants that are required, the higher the overall cost will be. Additionally, the type of implant used can also have an impact on the cost. For example, traditional implant systems may be less expensive than more advanced ones that use computer-guided technology.
Another factor that can affect the cost of dental implant treatment is the complexity of the case. For example, patients who require bone grafting or sinus lifts may need additional supplemental procedures, which can increase the overall cost of treatment.
However, dental implant treatment can be of great value in the long run. It’s a permanent solution that can last for decades with proper care.
In addition to the implant itself, several other costs may be associated with dental implant treatment. These additional costs can include:
- Consultation and examination: Before treatment can begin, patients will typically need to schedule a consultation and examination with a dental professional. The cost of this initial visit will vary depending on the practice and its location.
- X-rays and imaging: Dental implant treatment often requires X-rays and digital imaging to help plan the procedure and ensure the implant will be placed in the optimal location.
- Surgery: The cost of the surgery to place the implant will also be a factor. The cost will depend on the complexity of the case, the type of implant used, and the location of the practice.
- Abutment and restoration: After the implant is placed, an abutment (a connector piece) will be attached to the implant, which will then support the restoration (the visible part of the implant). The cost of the abutment and restoration will depend on the type of restoration used, such as a dental crown, dental bridge, or dentures.
- Follow-up care: Patients will typically need to schedule several follow-up appointments to ensure that the implant is healing properly and to have the restoration placed. The cost of these appointments will depend on the practice and its location.
Insurance & Financing
When it comes to financing and insurance options for dental implants, the coverage can vary greatly depending on the individual’s insurance plan. Many dental insurance plans don’t cover the entire cost of implant treatment. However, some insurance plans may cover a portion of the cost or offer discounts for certain types of implant treatments.
In addition to insurance, there are also financing options available for patients who are unable to pay for dental implant treatment out of pocket. Many dental practices offer financing plans with low or no interest. Patients can also explore other options like Care Credit, Lending Club Patient Solutions, and Wells Fargo Health Advantage Credit Card.
Dental Implants Are an Investment
Dental implants are a significant investment in one’s oral and overall health, self-esteem, and quality of life. While the initial cost may be high, the long-term benefits of dental implants make them a wise investment for many patients. Patients should consult with a qualified dental professional and carefully consider the cost and benefits before deciding if dental implants are the right solution for them.
If you have any questions, our Staten Island dentists have created a helpful costs of dental implants FAQs page. You can also contact our dental office, and our dental team will be happy to speak with you.
We accept many insurances. Please contact one of our Insurance Coordinators to discuss your dental coverage plan.
(718) 948 5111
Open 7 days a week
The dentists are absolutely excellent…
“I have been going here for years. The dentists are absolutely excellent and they always have an appointment available that fits into a busy schedule. I also completed invisilgn and my teeth are perfectly straight now. They also practice preventive medicine and just went in for my 6 month cleaning. Every time feel like I have a new set of choppers and best yet the check up noted no cavities!.”
“As usual, it was a pleasant visit thanks to Dr. Nasso and her great staff..”
Always treated with courtesy and respect.
“Always treated with courtesy and respect. All of my questions were answered regarding upcoming treatments..”
Put your best face forward.
Create a positive change to your teeth and your smile.